Monday, January 18, 2010

Funny Story

Alright, since Norris is probably going to tell most of you guys this story i figured i would blog about it. Yesterday i got home from church and there was a pile of dishes in the sink left over from the busy week! I decided to do them so that i would have clean dishes to make dinner. I loaded up the dishwasher as full as it could get and then i went to put the dishwasher soap in it. There wasn't enough to fill it and i had stuffed the dishwasher so i didn't think that would be enough. I didn't know what to do! Norris was still at church in a meeting, it was Sunday so i couldn't buy more. i saw on the counter liquid dish soap and thought that will work, right? I just put a little in the dishwasher and started it. Norris came home a couple of minutes later and said, What The HECK!! He pointed to the dishwasher and there its was, a bunch of foam just like in the movies but with the washer! I started to laugh and Norris knew what i did. We spent the next hour or so cleaning up! Norris is so smart and knew just what to do. He saved the day. I don't know what i would do with out him. Well besides that everything is going good. Norris and i have started a new semester at BYU. We get to drive to school together and then i come get him after work. We both have callings in our ward, YEAH! He is the young mens secretary and is doing lots with that and i am a primary teacher for the CTR 4 year olds. I taught my very first lesson on Sunday and it went pretty good. I need to think of creative ways to keep my kids interested. Coloring doesn't always work:) Well Norris has a new job at BYU as well and he likes it. He is an I.T. Tech for the teachers at BYU. He likes it! Other then that Norris and i love spending our Sunday's together and some evenings too! Oh yeah Norris likes to play video games when he has a little extra time:)







5 comments:

Nickell said...

Hey we teach the 4 year olds too. Lots of singing is always good to keep their attention. We have a reverent jar. At the beginning of each class they get 5 beans, every time we have to ask them to settle down or be quiet they get a bean taken away. At the end of class they put all the beans back in the jar and when the jar is full then we bring treats. Also we got a really good book at Deseret Book that has a whole bunch of games that can go with the lessons in the manual. The game we played from that book last Sunday took almost the whole time it was awesome! Hopefully those help.

Vanessa said...

OH man!!! Way to funny! We want to see a picture of the bubbles coming out...ha ha! Great that you guys got callings, don't know if you remembered but I'm secretary in the YW's. :) Brenna, check out www.sugardoodle.net, great and fun lesson ideas. Love that Norris is enjoying his new job, great that you guys get to drive to school together. Love hearing what you are up to. Love you guys, miss you!!!

Brenna and Norris Whitmore said...

Thanks Nickell that is very helpful!

Briana said...

Great Post! I laughed. Brett has the same calling as Brenna. Cute!

Christa said...

Ha! I actually have done this too, Brenna. I completely agree with your logic! (I just let Blake play in the bubbles. He thought I was brilliant. Somedays it's a good thing Ryker's not home.)

About Me

My photo
We are up in Utah attending BYU and both working. We enjoy spending time with each other and watching movies. We love our families and love to spend time with them as well. We have been married for 2 years now and we love it :)